How to Secure Your Tablets While Browsing on Public Wifi
Free wifi are the only option while you’re travelling or away from reliable sources like the office or home wifi connections. These days, all the malls, parks, bus stations, airports have public wifi and people are dependent on the internet so much, leaving security behind. Open connections are easy to hack into, and the threat of losing confidential information is very high. It’s better to use the mobile data hotspots, but as we all know, sometimes the connections can be either very slow or interrupted network. Open networks are also not strong enough to protect your passwords or other private information. Recent research says that 40% of the world’s cybercrimes happened due to over connectivity to public networks. How much ever the cybersecurity tries to prevent illegal activities, the hackers find a new way to get into your system and steal the information. Then what’s the solution? VPN apps. Yes, the ultimate solutions for a safe and secure browsing. Read through the article for more details:
VPN is a Virtual Private Network which is a most reliable source for secure connection. It creates a bridge between your connection and devices like computers, tablets, smartphones and secures your connection despite the type of the websites or apps you visit. VPN works are a shield to your browsing activities and make sure you’re free from the hackers. When you install a secured VPN app on your phone and connect to any public wifi, it’ll mask your location and prevent cyber threats. Let’s see the qualities of the best VPN apps:
- As the place is hidden to the network provider, you can browse the foreign language sites and video content which are usually not accessible with a regular connection. For example, BBC iPlayer, Disney +, Netflix and HBO content from several other countries.
- And the most important this is security. They keep all your internet activities private with high-speed connections and different security features. The masking of IP address makes it more secure as the VPN changes your IP address with of its own.
- Free Trial: Most of the apps provide 30 days or more free trials which help decide the best app for your requirement.
- The apps are widely available through windows, android, and iOS. They can be set up instantly, very easy to use.
- Many of the VPN apps allows unlimited browsing and P2P torrenting, which can let you access the content from different countries which is not supported by a regular internet connection.
- Each of the apps provides allowance to access to different countries. Top VPN Apps provides at least 30+ countries information. Sounds great, right? There shouldn’t be any cap on accessibility to information around the world. VPN redirects smoothly to respective country site and show you as a local user even though you’re far far away from that place.
Though there are several options available in the market, it’s tough to find a good one. Read the reviews of each app and shortlist a few. Then check sign up for the free version first and check how it is working and decide on one. These steps are required as we can’t compromise on the personal data. A single mistake can lead to a significant threat, especially when there’s a considerable threat of ransomware. People hack your data and demand a massive amount of money and unpredictable to understand their behaviour if they send them back or ask for more money again. This leaves us with no choice but to use a secure connection on the internet. Why not? When the world is ruling the internet. Right! So, access the VPN apps for safe and secure browsing.